Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Drunk

I had cleared the last hurdle, the final vestige of my own moral limitations. I had been gloriously, unabashedly, totally drunk and I no longer cared. They had caught me and dragged me back into the confines of their stunted world-view but only corporally; I would never again agree with their reasons for not drinking and now even their strictly enforced sobriety had fallen under the weight of my sheer will to drink. And it had fallen hard.
We would have to be a bit more cautious now, of course, but I would never not drink. My manifesto was clear:
1. God does not exist
2. His rules are void
3. The authorities that enforce that enforce that petty code are illegitimate
4. I will drink

3 comments:

Wazzy D. said...

I'm very excited that God and Alcohol is back! The Richard Palm-shaped hole in my heart can now be filled, making my life once again void free. Now if I can only somehow remember to put this back in my internet rotation.
I've thought about getting back into blogging again myself but I'm not sure what capacity. Maybe a poetry blog? I don't know.
Has the 14 month hiatus made you look at any of your previous posts in a different light?

Anonymous said...

You will drink. I will read.

I'm glad you're back.

-matthew wilkinson

Plafter Christmas said...

5. I drank
6. I drunk
7. I are drink!
8. I are void!!
9. I are God!!!